This article explains how to set up the integration between OnePlan Plans and Jira Epics.
For the integration configuration, you will need to collect the following information from OnePlan:
the group name
an authentication key
the authentication key name
To complete the OnePlan setup, you need to be an admin (user with Owner permissions) in OnePlan.
- Log into your OnePlan group using your Office365 account.
- Open the Admin pages by clicking on the Settings (gear) icon.
- Select Integration on the Admin Navigation panel.
- Click the+(plus) icon in the Authentication Keys
- Save the App Name and the Key somewhere safe, as this will give any program access to your OnePlan group. The key will no longer be viewable once the page refreshes or you navigate elsewhere.
NOTE: There are clickable links within this video.
For the integration configuration, you will need to collect the following information from Jira:
- Jira URL (e.g.,https://<organization>.atlassian.net)
- Jira username
- API token
To generate an API Token in Jira:
- Log into Jira.
- Navigate toatlassian.com/manage-profile/security/api-tokens.
- Click Create API Token. A new window will appear.
- Give the API Token a unique Label.
- Click Create. The API Token will appear.
- Click Copy. Green text will appear below the API Token field saying: API token copied to clipboard.
- Click Close.
To complete the OneConnect setup, you need to be an Administrator or Editor in the OneConnect group you wish to set the integration up in.
- Go to https://my.oneconnect.ai
- Navigate to Jira Epics and OnePlan Plans. Click the Configure.
- Group Name: Enter theOnePlan Groupname you will be integrating into.
- Authentication Key: Enter the OnePlanAuthentication Keygenerated from OnePlan.
Expand the Additional Options area to see all the necessary fields to be filled in.
- Jira URL: Enter the Jira URL (e.g.,https://<organization>.atlassian.net).
- Username: Enter the Jira username to be used to access environment.
- Jira API Token: Enter the API Token to access Jira account.
- Jira Issues to OnePlan Backlog: Enter the list of Jira issue types that will be brought into OnePlan as backlog items. Defaults are Task, Bug, and Story.
- Jira Issue to OnePlan Plan: If no value is brought into this field, Epic in Jira will be brought into OnePlan at the Plan level (regardless of Project).
- (Optional - Checkbox) Sync with next-gen Jira: (Default) When unchecked, only the older versions of Jira can be synched between OnePlan and Jira. If using next-gen Jira (aka team-managed projects), check the box to enable synching between Jira and OnePlan.
- (Optional - Checkbox) Sync all issues in the backlog: (Default) When checked the Jira Issues to OnePlan backlog field will be ignored, and all issues associated to the Jira Epic will be brought in to OnePlan backlog.
- (Optional - Checkbox) Roll up sub-tasks, and resources to its parent: (Default) When unchecked, Jira backlog items in OnePlan will be assigned to their own task. If checked, all the child backlog items that have unique user assigned to them will “roll up” to the parent backlog item.
- (Optional - Checkbox) Utilizing Jira Server: (Default) When unchecked, access to Jira will go through the cloud.
- (Optional - Checkbox) Always ignore delta at Epic level sync: (Default) When unchecked, if the scheduled job runs on Deltas, the strategy will only pick up items that have been modified at the plan level only. When checked, the strategy will pick up the task / backlog items that have been modified as well.
The following video walks through each optional setting.