This article explains how to set up OnePlan for your Jira Integration. This is the first part of the integration setup. To complete the Jira integration setup, you must complete:
- (You are here) Jira Integration - OnePlan Setup
- Jira Integration - Jira Setup
- Jira Integration - Epics Field Mappings or Jira Integration - Projects Field Mappings (depending on your integration)
- Jira Integration - Custom Types Settings
- Jira Integration - Essential Settings
The following video walks though the steps to set up OnePlan for the Jira Epics and OnePlan Plans integration.
NOTE: These setup steps apply to both the Jira Epics and Jira Projects integrations.
To set up this integration, you need:
- to have OnePlan and OneConnect approved by an Office365 tenant admin
- to be a OnePlan admin, meaning you are a user with Owner permissions in OnePlan
- to be a Jira admin
Select the Integration
- Log in to OneConnect with your Office365 account.
- Locate and select the OnePlan and Jira integration.
- Decide which version of the Jira integration you want. Then click Configure. The integration configuration form will open.
NOTE: We use the Jira Epics integration in this procedure.
For the integration configuration, you will need to collect the following information from OnePlan:
- the group name
- an authentication key
- the authentication key name
- Keep the OneConnect integration configuration form open. Open a new tab in your browser and go to OnePlan.
Log in to your OnePlan group with your Office365 account.
- Locate and note the OnePlan group name. Go to the OneConnect tab and enter the OnePlan group name into the OnePlan Group Name field.
- Go to the OnePlan tab.
Generate a new authentication key.
Open the Admin pages by clicking on the Settings gear.
Select Integration in the admin navigation.
Click the + (plus) icon in the Authentication Keys section.
- Enter a name for the new authentication key. Then click ADD to create the key.
NOTE: It is best practice to create a new authentication key for each integration, and to name each authentication key so you know which integration it belongs to. For this integration, we recommend a name like "Jira Integration".
Save the key name and generated key somewhere secure. Once you navigate away, the key is hidden.
- Go to the OneConnect tab and enter the authentication key into the OnePlan Authentication Key field, and the authentication key name into the Integration Key Name field.
- Once all of the OnePlan information is entered (group name, authentication key, and authentication key name), click Test.
- If the connection test is successful, click Next. Then follow Jira Integration - Jira Setup.
NOTE: Keep the OneConnect integration configuration tab in your browser open.