This article explains how to set up Jira for your Jira to OnePlan Integration.
To complete the Jira integration setup, you must complete:
- Jira Integration - OnePlan Setup
- (You are here) Jira Integration - Jira Setup
- Jira Integration - Epics Field Mappings or Jira Integration - Projects Field Mappings (depending on your integration)
- Jira Integration - Custom Types Settings
- Jira Integration - Essential Settings
The following video walks though the steps to set up OnePlan for the Jira Epics and OnePlan Plans integration.
NOTE: These setup steps apply to both the Jira Epics and Jira Projects integrations.
NOTE: There are clickable links within this video.
For the integration configuration, you will need to collect the following information from Jira:
- the Jira URL
- a username for a user with admin permissions
- an API token
NOTE: It is best practice to create a service account to use for the integrations. We strongly recommend setting up a Jira service account with admin permissions to use in this configuration.
Open a new tab in your browser. Go to the Jira site URL to be connected.
NOTE: You should still have the OneConnect integration configuration page open.
- Copy the root of the URL (i.e. https://instance.atlassian.net/). Go to the OneConnect tab and enter the Jira root URL into the Your Jira URL field.
- Enter the Jira username into the Username field.
- Generate a Jira API token.
- Open a new tab in your browser where you are already logged into Jira. Go to https://it.atlassian.com/manage-profile/security/api-tokens.
- Click Create API token. the Create an API token form will open.
- Enter a name for the API token. Then click Create. The Your new API token form will open.
- Click Copy to copy the API token.
- Go to the OneConnect tab. Enter the API token into the API Token field.
NOTE: Also see the article Create an API token from Atlassian for more information on generating Jira API tokens.
- Click Test.
- If the connection test is successful, click Next. Then follow Jira Integration - Epics Field Mappings or the Projects One (depending on your integration).
NOTE: Keep the OneConnect integration configuration tab in your browser open.